Thursday, June 21, 2012

"DONNER SUMMIT & TRUCKEE RIVER

Continuing on with our ride to Sparks, Nevada, this post will show photos of the Donner Summit and Truckee River.  I will not comment on  all the photos, rather, leaving them to your imagination as you "Ride Along With Us."

Internet Service at our campground in Wells, NV is very slow.  Therefore, it might be a day or two before I can show photos with all the posts that I have started.  Have patience .... I certainly am having to!

Photos posted Friday, June 22, from Rexburg, Idaho.  Trip was on Wednesday, July 20 from California.




Upon our Arrival at 1:30 P.M.
Temperature was 78 Degrees



Still Seeing Snow in Higher Elevation



First Glimpse of Donner Lake







Truckee River is a Stream in 
Both California and Nevada
120 Miles Long





Truckee River is the Sole Outlet of Lake Tahoe
Important Source of Irrigation Along Its Valley 
And Important to Adjacent Valleys



Don't you Just Love These 
Old Railroad Tracks















Now it's On To Nevada as we Make Our Way
to the Calgary Stampede!




1 comment:

  1. Hi :) I'm playing catch up on your blog and these photos of your beautiful road trip right from the start are already making me wish I was with you guys!

    ReplyDelete