Saturday, June 23, 2012

"TWIN FALLS, IDAHO SNAKE RIVER"

Rod's geocaching hobby took us to Twin Falls, Idaho today while enroute to Rexburg, Idaho.  Rod made two geo finds here.  This stop brought back fond memories of our stay here in 2005.  A must stop for everyone if you're ever in that area.

I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER RIGHT NOW.  I have spent about three hours trying to get this one posting done.  Don't know what Blogspot is up to tonight, but the photos all came out huge and I am unable to write some comments below each photo.  They are so big, you really can't see exactly what I took a picture of.  In any event, they are from Snake River in Twin Falls, Idaho ..... beautiful golf course that Rod and I golfed on in 2005.  If time permits, I will try to resolve this issue.  If not, I must go on before I get so far behind I won't remember  where the photos were taken.

MANY THANKS TO SOUTH DAKOTA FRIEND, COLEEN, for getting me on the right track for resizing these photos!  A few interesting stats for the Perrine Bridge:

Height:  486 Feet Above the Snake River
Length:  1505 Feet / .284 Mile
Width:  78.6 Handrail to Handrail
Designed to Withstand 80 mph Winds
Construction Date:  May 1973
Ribbon Cutting:  July 30, 1976
Old Bridge Removed 1977
Cost:  $9.7 Million












































4 comments:

  1. Marge....even though the photos are large it is wonderful to see all the detail. We have been to the 'bridge' as well. Stayed at a KOA park. We were shocked to see 'people' jumping off the bridge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dianne. Have you ever had Blogspot go crazy with photos like this post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coleen ..... thank you SO MUCH for your HELP. It worked in getting the photos sized a little bit more appropriately. Don't have time right now to add descriptions or remove duplicates, but at least I think it looks better. Thank you my fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it worked for you, Marge. Personally, I like the larger pictures. But it sure is frustrating when it doesn't work the way you want.

    I love the bridge photos. You know I like take pictures of bridges, too.

    You have been very bust posting!

    ReplyDelete