Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"RIDE WITH US THROUGH CALIFORNIA"

CALIFORNIA is such a Diversified State of Beauty

 So Thought I would Share some of the View we had Today
as We Traveled from the Central Coast to The Sierras
and Finally into the State of Nevada

I will try to Describe some of the Photos
And Some You can "Let Your Eyes 
Just Enjoy the Ride"

Please Note that the Majority of these Photos 
are Part of My "Drive By Shooting" Experiences
Rod is Driving Along at at Least 60 MPH
I Shoot the Photo as Quickly as I Can
As We Won't be Going That Way Again Any Time Soon 



Just One of the Many Herds of Sheep seen Today



Heading North on I-5
Canal of Water used for Agriculture
for San Joaquin Valley and Los Angeles



This is What I have in My Lap as We Ride Along
Something Like my Home Office
Travel Guide
Map with Notes of Where we are Going
iPHONE & Stylus
Fun to Keep up with Friends on Facebook
as we Travel Along
Notebook for Blog Ideas
All Stuff Sitting on a Bean Bag Lap Tray
Very Useful to Me
Camera is Also on the Tray When Not in Use
Ice Chest in Back of Seat to Keep Driver Happy

Two Songs Heard Today and Very Appropriate
"Don't Fence Me In"
and
"Side By Side"



Near Stockton, CA



A Few Cattle Grazing



Entering City of Sacramento
California's State Capital



College in Sacramento
Right Along Freeway



On Bridge Crossing American River
in Sacramento



Leaving Freeway Now Heading East Toward Reno



Trees Trees Trees
Everywhere You Look
One gets and Eyeful of Trees
Some that we saw Today Included
Ponderosa
Cedar
Douglas Fir



See What I Mean



I THINK this Might be Part of the
Eagles Lake (Not Sure Though)
I liked the Reflection in this Photo



This is what a Fire Did to this Area



Nice Looking Rock Formation



Lot of Construction Going on in this 
Area of the Sierras



Take a "Ride with your Eyes" 
In a Couple of These Photos



 After this Photo, we were Soon at the Donner Summit
I will do a Separate Post on that Portion of our Trip 

Enjoy the Ride With Us!







3 comments:

  1. Your camera does a very nice job of drive by shooting. Looking forward to the rest of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested as to why you are travelling to Nevada and Idaho re going up to Canada....ha...you were closer to Canada via California to British Columbia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Coleen.

    Dianne, we don't like to travel the same roads twice, so going up one way, and returning via British Columbia. We are always making loops .... just call us "loopy" people.

    ReplyDelete